Sunday, November 05, 2006

Rain Ride with My Buddies



My Dear Friend Marley came for her first visit to Hood River, and of course, it rained..

Being the hardy (ech em, super-gifted athlete)... She honored me with a mountain bike ride in the woods behind my house... Post Canyon.

My fabulous neighbor and fast friend, Heather, joined us...Contributing her commentary and super fun energy!! Thus the Harley (Heather+Marley=Harley) combo was born!

They are amazing! After almost 2 years off the bike, Marley jumps on a borrowed bike and schools me in the ways of the single track. Heather rides like a pro (even with her nausea handicap) and has never officially raced (her MTB) and probably never will, except against the Salomon guys.

We did "Break Your Pelvis Trail", of course. When they arrived to the site of my accident, they rode it (cautiously), then hiked back up and rode it again, not so cautiously, before I even caught up with them.

I met Marley over 10 years ago in Lake Tahoe, CA. We did a lot of MTB there together, so after all these years...It was fun to get dirty with her again!!






MY BEAUTIFUL (and hardy) Girlfriends are the Best!!

No comments: