Thursday, November 09, 2006

Zen Cross


I got a new cross bike. (Thanks Kona). It's a very neon green Jake the Snake. I rode it for the first time today. The best thing about it is that it has brakes on the tops! How cool is that! I kept looking down during my ride and getting all stoked again. I rode into the woods behind my house, you know, Post Canyon. Dusk. Quite. Wet. Luscious. Cold. Low laying misty clouds--

Wait did I say quiet? My ride was accompanied by my Nano. Makes for a great soundtrack for my ride. Did I say cold? I wore this jersey my Dad gave me in '96. He lived in Durango at the time. The jersey is a short sleeve fleece 3/4 zip w/ rear pockets (for my Nano). I wore it once when I lived in California. Way too hot. But I kept it all these years 'cause it is so damn original. Think about it, a short sleeve fleece jersey!? I wore Patagonia (yes, thank you Patagonia) zip base layer and my short sleeve fleece jersey over it-- and I was snuggly. All I needed was a warm fire and a animal skin blanket... I digress.

Anyway, Neon Green Jake. Blove in Pata and Fleece, in the Wet, Dark, Quiet Woods of Oregon, with the Nano rockin' stupid shit, my Mother would tell me to turn off. (She like news talk. I probably will like news talk someday too, Mom and Adolfo). On my debut cross ride with brakes on the tops---so cool.

Such a moment, I wrote a blog about it. Maybe because it has rained hard for a week here in Oregon. I have to get used to my new climate, while the California peloton (you know who you are) reports regularly of the 75 degree clear, blue, sunny, weather down there. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I may try to race that cross bike (Neon Green Jake the Snake) this Sunday. It is supposed to be "so muddy that I will have to run the whole course". And, "my new bike will get dirty". I suppose I will suffer immensely, and it will be cold and wet and wonderful. I plan to register and race the "Full Figure Category". Really, I just want to get into my skinsuit while I have... this nursing cup size. Or perhaps I should wear the fleece jersey?!

So, I'm out in the wilderness and my toughts drift away from the bike, my legs, the wet cold... and onto what is usually on my mind... My darlin' child waiting for me at home... Wondering where his Mommy is!! Nah, he's here:



Luca in his "exersaucer".










But as I type this, this is where my little angel is...





As always, thank you for listening. Sweet Dreams.

~brenna

3 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

"nursing cup size" skinsuit


... rwwaaaaawrr.

now that's what bikin' is all about!

X Bunny said...

neon green is good for mud

Velo Bella said...

neon konas

so hot right now